Chocolate chocolate – everybody screams for chocolate!
Best combo for the winter = hot cocoa ……with a choc chip cookie
Some facts about chocolate – use it…don’t use it
- The smell of chocolate increases brain waves, which triggers relaxation
- White chocolate isn’t technically chocolate. As it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor
- It takes approximately 400 cocoa beans to make 450 g of chocolate
- M& M’s were created in 1941 for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without melting
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third (now that is what I’m talking about!!!!!)
- Chocolates can sicken or even kill dogs. (keep it with you at all times……)
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup White sugar
3 cups Cake flour
3tsp Baking powder
200g Chocolate chips
1tsp Vanilla essence
Creamy brown sugar, white sugar and butter together until creamy. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla essence. Mix the dry ingredients together and slowly add to the butter mixture.
Roll into balls or shapes and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C.
Cool down on a cooling rack and hide the cookie jar!!!!
Hot Cocoa (makes 2 cups)
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 tbsp sugar (if you like it sweet)
pinch of salt
2 cups milk
2 chocolate lindt balls
Mix cocoa, salt, sugar and bit of milk together to make a paste
Add rest of milk and bring to boil in a pot. Pour hot chocolate into your favourite mug and finish it off with your favourite lindt chocolate balls and a handful of mini marshmallows.
if there is no chocolate in heaven, I’m not going……